Follow the link to experience our Gunnedah Preschool Virtual Tour
The staff at Gunnedah Preschool acknowledge and pay our respects to the Gamilaraay people – The traditional custodians of this land on which we gather to teach, and help raise our children on today.
We pay our respects to Elders- past, present and emerging.
Gunnedah Preschool offers education through a nurturing, play based, child centred program.
Gunnedah Preschool is led by the ‘Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework’ and the ‘National Quality Framework’.
We believe in the importance of teaching and engaging children through their interests. We seek to challenge children’s abilities and focus on set individual and group goals guided by a developmental checklist.
Goals and Interests are programmed for through the following focuses:
- Munch and Move activities surrounding healthy eating and exercise, taking care of our bodies
- Sustainable practices to provide care and respect of the present and future environment
- STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic education
- Literacy activities developing pre writing and pre reading skills
- School Readiness concepts such as phonological awareness, self-help skills, emotional regulation, cognitive challenges and social skills
- Cooking experiences
- Risky Play challenges through gross and fine motor experiences
- Community engagement and cultural inclusion
- Expression and creativity through the arts
- Excursions utilising our school bus
On an end note…’we ensure the children have had the best day possible, with lots of fun and enjoyment, and they go home dirty at the end of the day!’